View Single Post
Old 09-25-11, 03:37 AM   #59
David_L_G
Lurking Renovator

Default Web interface via ethernet to get around logging issues?

Hi,

I'm just starting out on a project to monitor temperatures at different heights on my rooftop solar hot water tank. This is a learning thing for me as I am a programmer and have not dabbled with electronics much at all. However, I've taken the plunge and ordered some DS18S20s and a USB 1-Wire adaptor as a starting point. I'm really at early days but your posts above are most interesting.

Logging is one issue - I don't want to leave my PC running all the time. One direction I think would be cool would be to have a the device which reads the 1-wire sensors to connect via ethernet to my broadband router (which is on all the time), then post the data to a website where it can be stored (if nothing else) and graphed etc (even better).

There are two unknowns there for me.
1. The hardware that will sit between the 1-wire setup and the router. I've seen things like webcontrol-8, OW-Server etc which might do the trick. Does the Arduino also have http capability.

2. The website. I don't want to spend lots of money hosting this, sureley someone has done something like this already. It would need to be a simple website which accepts GET and POST to save data readings. Simple? Any ideas on this area would be most interesting.

Thanks
David