View Single Post
Old 12-09-10, 12:06 PM   #7
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

I have to say I love this thing so far. Last night it logged temperatures in my office every minute to a csv file. This morning I threw it into a spreadsheet and charted it.

The spikes every 15 minutes or so are the circulating fan for the furnace kicking on. The heat pump is not actively heating the fan is just helping to move the hot air from the woodstove around. I was never sure if it was actually effective but it is obviously pushing a bit of hot air in here.

THat last spike is also something I've noticed manually watching the sensor data. Thats me coming into the office and sitting down 18 inches from the sensor without a shirt on. People release a lot of heat.

Tonights goal will be to get the java program parsing the incoming stream better. Right now I just raw right it to a file and that is handling the new lines and putting the chunks together. I want to get it actually parsing first of all complete lines then split those lines up so that I can start doing averaging and so on inside of the program.

Also Sensor 282895C50200009B is a really crappy label. That is one of my complaints with the one wire system so far. I will need to install each sensor record it's ID in HEX then label it so that when I have 20 of them out there I know which room has which sensor so that I can apply a label to them. If not it's going to be a game of put your hand on it and sit here watching for the temp to go up then apply the label.
Attached Images