View Single Post
Old 05-15-12, 07:27 AM   #35
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I tried contacting Loctite yesterday and asked about their recommendation for a mask and got no helpful response. I looked up 3M and perused their masks to see what they offered that was helpful. I'm sure of only one thing, and that is I don't fully understand what hazard I'm up against. It may or may not be formidable.

I am now assuming though {I hate to do that} that an organic filter mask is probably what I need. So, I'll pick up a new set of filters for my filter mask and buy another filter mask for my helper to wear. I am also going to run the fan to ventilate the area as much as I can. I have to blow air in, because I can't physically get the fan close enough to use it to exhaust the air. And like I mentioned previously, I plan to remove the foundation vent louvered screens as well.

I'm use to wearing a mask and don't find a well fitting mask to be a real problem, just a minor nuisance. I'm retired USAF and had to wear a gas mask and charcoal suit a number of times, hours at a time in really cold and really hot conditions. This is a walk in the park compared to that!
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote