View Single Post
Old 01-07-13, 07:40 AM   #9
Daox
Administrator

I came back last night from a weekend away from home to see a package at my front door, and inside was the alarm clock.

So, of course I threw some batteries into it and started to tinker around with it. The battery compartment should be easily modified to add a few wires for the solar charger.

So far I'm liking it. The backlighting works very slick. As soon as the lights go out it turns the backlight on, and when the lights come on it turns off. The backlight is a bit brighter than it needs to be. It does illuminate the room a little. Its not as bright as the picture suggests, but it does let off more light than my old clock. I might try to tweak this if I can figure out where the power to the backlight is, but its not essential.

I'll be doing some more tinkering with it soon to get it ready to add the solar panel to it. I'd ideally like to be able to just add a charging port/plug to it like a laptop or cell phone has so it can easily be unplugged and looks nice. We'll have to see how much room there is inside though.

I also got the diode for the solar panel a day earlier. The solar panel is still on its way over from China.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote