View Single Post
Old 01-26-20, 09:35 PM   #3
where2
DIY Geek

For others who may someday need this knowledge:

Using NiHaoMike's suggestion as a starting point, I was able to determine that JST connectors come in a variety of pin spacings: 1.0mm, 1.25mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, etc. Knowing the pin spacing helps in determining the specific connector.

If Daox has an SH connector as Mike suggests, the measurements of the plug should be 2.5mm (wide, on the plane of the female pins), the rear portion of the connector is likely 3mm high, and the length of the connector is likely 5mm (along the direction of male pin insertion, from the tip of the connector to the back where the wires exit).

I got those measurements from an image posted by an amazon seller called Hobbymart who was selling lots of 20 of those connectors with wire tails. They also had other listings for a variety of JST connectors using 1mm pin spacing with images and dimensions for the connectors.

I appreciate NiHaoMike's reply, as I was recently searching for information about a connector used on an inexpensive RC Drone battery. These JST connectors are all over modern modular electronic devices and radio controlled devices.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to where2 For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (02-08-20)