View Single Post
Old 02-14-11, 06:18 PM   #104
Drake
DIY Guy

Don't know if anyones coroplast stacking is yet completed but might not cutting some 1" wide spacers to be used to separate cross layer giving you just one layer of separation over most of the area. Strips could be stapled(construction hand staple gun) in place until "core" can be placed in a custom mechanical compression form(from your pics of cross flow box line up corners with air flow dividers and and have "bottom" and "top" of box "press" core together when assembled. As not sure how well or how long(possible rusting) staples would last.

Always been interested in the theory HRV/ERV but living in a climate with several months of sub zero heating days effectively resolving "frost up" still isn't evident to me.
Heat pump xfer seems intriguing but won't it need a fairly large amount of in/out going air? I am exploring maitaining indoor air quality in my SI passive addition by minimizing VOC's, lifestyle, low temp solar fresh air preheaters(daytime) and still researching where I might recover some heat at night or just use small amount of direct ventln. Of coarse greatly reduced cost of DIY HRV system would make it more advantageous.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote