View Single Post
Old 06-12-13, 08:45 PM   #37
where2
DIY Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
That Geyser-RO is a very neat little machine.. The A7 is the cheaper version.[\QUOTE]

My understanding is the A7 is a non-US made device providing similar utility. I have read your reviews, and other reviews on the A7, and would choose the added expense of a USA made product in this instance. (My wife has family that lives within 3 miles of the Nyle facility in Maine, an economy hard hit by the recession.)

QUOTE=TackyTeddy;30302]Hey Guys ...
TVA is killing the solar industry with 3 easy steps
WOW! That TVA Program really insults the intelligence of the PV system purchasers and would-be purchasers. Before reading that, I thought the friends of mine that had moved to TVA served areas had made a pretty good choice. Not that $0.10/kWh electricity is ridiculously expensive, but those two options are absolute deal breakers for me to even consider moving to any area served by TVA. I'll move to the great white north first.

Outlawing Net Metering is begging for outlaws to illegally back feed grid-tied PV systems with anything and everything they can purchase off the internet. (whether it is UL1741 compliant, or not).

My utility has a PV incentive program that offers $2/W toward a PV system, IF you can get into their very limited waiting list, and IF you want to pay an installer to install the system. I chose to purchase my own system, and self-install it, skipping their incentive.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote