View Single Post
Old 10-23-08, 08:45 AM   #5
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

this'll be one of a few times i throw in a bunch of disagreements, lol.

first, i have to disagree w/ Rechargables. Yea, sure, you've charged them enough to think you've broken even... but compare how long of life you get out of regular batteries vs how long a rechargeable lasts before you have to charge it.
Sure, you're not throwing away batteries, but i got sick of charging rechargeables after each use.
Reovacs were the only brand i liked (charged to 1.5v, not 1.2v) and then they stopped making them. I have 2 chargers, and no batteries for em...

2nd, ziplocs > rubbermaid. or at least what i have. they're not air tight at all, so i don't trust anything in there for more than a day. depending on what it is. i should stop using ziplocs for sandwiches though. at least that would be a start.

papertowels... eh. yea, i'm bad with em. I've gotten better with using shop towels for cleaning spills, or washable stuff (costco sells a HUGE pack of microfiber towels)... but when i'm painting, caulking, or anything more permanent... i use papertowels.

i do use a reusable plastic plate at work. i just wash it quickly in the sink and stick it back in my desk.

Quote:
One other item - at work i save anything i print our ( if i REALLY have to print at all).
My company prints cover sheets with EVERYTHING you print here... I keep those and use em for notes at work, sometimes.

hell, my dad (he's been in the computer field for 30+ years) still has old unused punch cards that he writes notes on.
insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote