Old 01-16-20, 08:55 PM   #87
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My Geothermal report said
https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showp...0&postcount=15
Heating $431
Cooling $55
Total $486 Actual was $702 so it was off by $216

This chart is just Geo power usage. I have a CT clamp on just the Geo unit so I could monitor the energy usage of just that system.

Just over one year with the Geo install.

The trenches are looking good we have the grass back. Just over one year and our loop temps are just above 50 degrees in Jan 13.

We had mini splits before for AC. The mini splits seem to be less expensive to run in the summer. But heating is less expensive with the Geo system.

The house stays a more consistent temp with Geo. My wife liked the mini splits better as she could keep the living room and kitchen the temp she likes.

But in the winter is could get 79 degrees and be too hot for the rest of us. The system has run with no issues so far.
We keep the house 76 in the winter and 75 in the summer.

I was happy to not do such a big project in Dec this year.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-17-20 at 10:46 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote