View Single Post
Old 07-31-19, 08:27 AM   #20
Daox
Administrator

I realized that I never finished writing up this little project. The last update was in 2013 and it has been working incredibly well ever since then. The nimh batteries plug away for months on end due to the awesomely low power consumption of the clock. One day in the sun literally powers this clock for months if not an entire year.

Here are some pictures of how I hooked up the 5V 200mah solar panel. The solar panel got a little pigtail and connector that I had kicking around. I forget what they're called, but its what computer fans use. I did not use a diode. I later wished I had gone with a higher voltage panel, so I did not add a diode as that would lower the voltage that the panel outputs. I simply plug the panel in when in use, and unplug it when its not in use.

Here is the full setup.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote