View Single Post
Old 09-29-10, 07:29 PM   #28
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

ok it's been a long long time coming but we had another baby this summer that delayed a bunch of projects. We did do the roof and outside part of the install back in the spring. No install pictures of that. It basically just installs like a roof vent then you drop the upper part of the tube in place and then sit the dome on top holding it in place with some screws. I then ignored it for 6 months.

inside is more interesting. I did the install last week on a cloudy day. the tube is a 10" from home depot the kit comes with the dome, adjustable 26" upper tube, adjustable 26" lower tube and the diffuser.

All pics are taken with no flash from the same spot.
Here is the hallway before

to the left is directly south. we normally keep the doors on the right open because the bedrooms have windows and let some light into the hallway. This is hard to due when the kids are napping...

here is after the hole in the roof is cut but the tube not in place yet. The light coming through is splash from the upper tube in the attic.

And finished same day

and a couple of days later when it's sunny out - the sun didn't make a difference before. it was always the same cloudy or sunny.

Any questions or details wanted let me know.

Last edited by strider3700; 09-29-10 at 08:30 PM..
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote