View Single Post
Old 11-20-13, 11:16 PM   #338
michael
Michael

Checking in after a long absence. I'm working on a new house (1200 SF). The plywood subfloor is installed, and I'm just beginning work on the radiant system which will be in a 2" concrete slab. Here are a few of the many photos I've been taking showing the joists and girders, the subfloor, and a look at the front porch slab in which I brushed out simulated grout lines to give it the look of the tile that will be inside the house.

I just went back and skimmed through all the posts in this thread hoping to uncover whether or not any other poster has looked at Vanguard Pipe & Fittings Ltd. - Pex, Hydronics, and Geothermal Products Manufacturer. I stumbled across the site while looking for pex and parts, and they have a link to installation manuals that seem pretty good to me. One details doing the calcs for and installing a radiant floor in slab on grade, on plywood, in the joist spaces, any way you can think of. Another details how to weld HDPE pipe. All the manuals and tutorials can be found in the section of the site titled "Download Centre." If it's already been mentioned here, then I offer my apologies. A couple of links are below.

Once the pex is installed on the plywood, I'll add photos of the progress. I'm having way too much fun with this project.

The first link is for the installation manual, and the second for the download center where the manuals are found.

http://www.vanguard.ca/guides/Hydron...n%20Manual.pdf

Vanguard Pipe & Fittings Ltd. - Pex, Hydronics, and Geothermal Products Manufacturer

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 11-21-13 at 07:57 AM..
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to michael For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (11-21-13)