View Single Post
Old 09-26-11, 06:57 PM   #418
RKA
Lurking Renovator

You had me do a double take. Heating is "only 27K". :P But yeah, should be good for any temp we see here. It's only 600 sq ft with 11 ft ceilings, but with garage doors being so leaky, I upsized a bit. I hope it'll work out.

Actually, it's going in my garage, and the outside unit will go just behind the wall and down 8 feet (will be wall mounted to avoid issues with snow accum against the back of the garage). I'll spend 5 minutes snaking my line set and probably another 2 hours gently coiling up the excess. Electric panel is right in the garage too. Funny thing is, the first installer was a no show, second never bothered to give me the quote (seemed more interested in selling a radiant heat system), and this was the 3rd quote. I had another guy scheduled to come out next week, but at this point my mind is made up...DIY.

Unit will go above that trash can about a foot down from the ceiling. Electric panel is on the left and outside unit will go somewhere along that back right behind the inside unit.

*sigh* Must have 5 or more posts to link pictures! Pics removed.
RKA is offline   Reply With Quote