View Single Post
Old 07-05-11, 04:24 PM   #824
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

AC Hacker wrote:
So, do you have any details (and photos?) on how you welded your HDPE manifold? Using my home-built HDPE welder, I was only able to do butt welds...

I'm sorry I didn't get any photos for the tube welding. You are right the pin and socket welding is very cool, heat both the internal/external of the fittings to becoming very soft and slide together. With the right tools, easy. It did require two persons. I'm totaly amazed with anyone that can turn a George Forman grill into a tube welder. I'm in the tool & die business and after 10 hrs a day in-front of a machine I don't like making something I can borrow or rent after all who needs the practice. Now converting the a/c unit into a GSHP that looks like fun. "One mans junk is our treasure." Machining a valve that dosen't already exsist. Brazing some tubes and a little wiring to save about $5000.00 I'm in. I will post more on the valve as its perfected. The heat exchangers will be a little oversized, better that, then lose some efficiency. The cap tubes I have, but would the DXV valve be a good investment??

We are currently plumbing the loop into the air-handler to see if cooling the shop can occure without the heat-pump. I will post the results soon. Temps now about 34 deg.C or 95 deg. F out-side here. I was going to try the circ. pump for purging. Thanks for the heads up we'll employ a larger pump. Thanks

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote