View Single Post
Old 11-03-09, 07:47 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Online home energy use trackers

Ever since starting this site, I have wanted (as well as other members who have voiced their ideas) a way to track their home energy usage. Unfortunately, I am not up to snuff on creating this feature on ER, and Ben is swamped with other things to do. However, I still think its a very important thing and am trying to think of other ways we can get around this.

For a long time now, I had just been running my own thread on my home's energy usage (http://ecorenovator.org/forum/conser...-tracking.html). Its a very clunky way of doing things and doesn't really get the job done well.

Recently, I started looking at other sites that you can use to track energy usage. So far, I have found a few, but I'm not sure which one I really like. I'd love to get input from you guys on which ones you like, or if you know of other ones that are better. Let me know.

The ones I have seen/tried are:
  • Microsoft Hohm - A nice site that is pretty smart and very detailed. It gives recommendations based on all the info you provide them.
  • Fuelstart.com - It is alright, a bit clunkier than the MS option. It seems to be a bit more focus on finding cheap fuels rather than tracking energy for efficiency sake.
  • I think Home : ENERGY STAR also has a tracker of some sort. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.

So, if you wouldn't mind, try one or two and let me know what you think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote