Thread: 3D printer?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-23, 10:11 AM   #9
Barrowman
Lurking Renovator

Here I go again reading old threads. I've thought about them for a few years and always thought what xringer said but it was our 60th anniversary last February and my wife said "get one it doesn't matter if you only play with it we can afford it.|" As I recall it was around GBP400 - an Ender 3 S1 plus. Prints up to a 12" cube area. It's true you do need to spend some some setting it up and learning how to adjust things when something doesn't print right. Also if you haven't used 3d Cad software you will need to learn about that too. But I would never have imagined the number of times I have made things. All sorts of items. One of the plastic brackets for some window blinds broke so I measured it up and put the new one I made in it's place. That's one of the things about it to me. Where I would otherwise have little option but to buy new blinds now I don't. A mate wanted some gears to replace broken ones on a bin so I made some. Although I have printed stuff for our grandchildren as well mostly it's been make things and saving money on having to buy a whole device.
Barrowman is offline   Reply With Quote