View Single Post
Old 11-29-12, 07:37 PM   #119
S-F
You Ain't Me

It can be strange how life keeps us on our toes like this. One time when I had been doing a lot of video encoding (a hobby) and had been used to being able to move the film forward and back with a slider I broke a major piece of my PDA while tinkering with it. My first reaction was to rewind and not make the same mistake....
The moral of that story is that no matter how much we prepare for difficulties they will inevitably creep in to our lives, and it usually happens when least expected. And when it does occur it can be so unexpected that it seems unreal. Just like a film. Cars have such a great potential for disaster that I'm amazed ever time I drive that more people aren't crashing dramatically. Really the speed at which we move in vehicles and the sheer volume of vehicles on the road, operated by random unknown individuals is scary when thought about. Probably a lot of the people you share the road with on a daily basis aren't the kind of people you would invite into your house for dinner and a movie, yet we entrust our lives to them whilst driving.

At least you're still healthy in the basic sense. This is just one more reminder to me to be grateful for all I have.

I wish you a speedy, but more importantly, a FULL recovery.
I also wish that you get the solar thermal system up and running in time to take the edge off your winter. But I'll happily wait with patience while you live your life to see the culmination of all your due diligence on your project.

All my best,

-Colin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote