View Single Post
Old 02-04-09, 03:10 PM   #18
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Never looked at that as since mid-November when my system was connected to the grid the weather has been very cloudy : other people in my region has produced 30% less than one year ago.

As the inverter stops the production before the night, I bet I will never see any production during the night. If ambient light can be enough to generate a voltage, I don't think it will be enough to generate enough power to switch on the inverter. One day I have seen the contrary : the inverter switched off because it wasn't receiving enough power, it was 10 minutes before sunset and the weather was variable.

While I'm noting the production every evening, I'll immediately see night production as my total will not match inverter's.

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote