View Single Post
Old 05-09-21, 11:56 AM   #7
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Updates . I decided being i had a challenger breaker panel to go ahead and upgrade the old breaker panel with a new square d breaker panel with a shut off switch. Also i added a sub panel that will be a critical load panel . (I ant had a chance to wire it yet. ) Both are square d panels. Also i added a 20 ft ground rod because the one the place i am in only had a 3 ft piece of rebar for a rod.

When completed for a short term outage. I will have an automatic transfer switch that switches on the generator feed to the inverter in case it is needed and For the inverter i bought an auto gen start for when the batteries get low the generator will crank , it will qualify the power source and idle for a few seconds then charge when full the AGS will shut off the generator and batteries will keep going. During a short term power outage the generator shouldnt crank.

During long term outage i have a interlocking kit hooked to my main panel to energize the entire house now minus i think the oven its on the outdoor breaker panel. The generator will be of use .
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote