View Single Post
Old 05-21-11, 11:08 AM   #13
lstaz66
Lurking Renovator

Hey Rich,
That nozzel is way to big...We are using #2 tips on our rigs for all our braizing...
What kind of system do you have ?..Is it a split system ?..Air handler in the closet or attic and condencing unit outside..Or a package unit ?...
I think what you are saying is, that You want to braize and fix the pinhole leak while having refrigerant still in system ? I posed the question to my teacher...Thats not a good idea if thats what your planning ?..Refrigerant is flamable..Im sure ya know...!and goes boom lol...Im not sure if Im understanding your plan ?..

If your adding nitrigen to the system I assume it doesnt have any refrigerant left ?..

We were discussing using nitigen when braizing..As the copper heats it creates and ash that will fall inside the pipe..So some techs actually crack the system and add a slow flow of nitrogen as they braize...
Most techs after fixing issues such as yours will.....add a dryer inline to collect moister.. then make sure system is sealed( no leaks) Vacuum down the system..Which intern removes moister..You should hold vac. for atleast 15 minutes..If pressure holds ?..Then charge the sytem to spec.
I hope that at this point your not rolling your eyes lol..I have read your post a couple times and still feel Im missing a detail or two lol...But ?..Im sure ya have a handle on things!! Lee
lstaz66 is offline   Reply With Quote