View Single Post
Old 09-26-16, 12:06 PM   #1925
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default The Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto Has Passed a Million Page-Views

The Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto has just passed the one million page-views milestone!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that there would be this much interest in converting discarded air conditioners, de-humidifiers, and refrigerators into other useful and amazingly efficient devices.

My initial hope was that possibly 4,000 hits would be very satisfying to me. Little did I know!

Readers of the ‘Manifesto’ will remember that the reason I started this on-line project thread, was that HVAC Trade groups, that are on the Internet, completely shut me out because I wanted to do something unusual. Rebel that I am, I was not to be shut out, I was not to be shut down.

I first tried to publish the work I was doing, on Build It Solar, but Gary was not interested. So, under the banner of EcoRenovator, I started my own thread, “The Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto”. I wanted to show people what I was doing, and that, YES you can actually work with vapor-change process, and you can do it for little money using discarded parts and assemblies.

Projects have since spun off from the Manifesto, with fascinating variation. DIY Heat Pump water heaters have had major success, and very quick return$ on the effort involved. Other projects like active (heat pump assisted) HRVs, heat pump hydronic water heaters, heat pump spa heaters, heat pump swimming pool heaters, heat pump clothes dryers, DX water heaters, heat pump food and crop dryers, heat & cool from air, heat & cool from: river water, stream water, pond water, and more!

The variety of discussions have grown to 483 project and discussion threads, regarding many different aspects of heat pumps, homemade or otherwise.

The EcoRenovator pages will be a lasting archive of detailed and illustrated projects that have achieved success. Even though some of the projects may have tripped and stumbled along the way (mistakes are every bit as important as wins), success was achieved through persistence, often patiently assisted by our informed core members.

Mega-Thanks to EcoRenovators who have undertaken projects and have gone the extra mile, with detailed descriptions and photographs, their projects. You folks are the real stars of the show. Everyone else is just standing on the sidelines.

Thanks of course to Daox and any other technical folks who keep EcoRenovator up and running. The fact that we don’t see what you are doing, is a testimony to your effort and success.

Thanks to the people with experienced, hands-on knowledge, who are too numerous to name but you certainly know who you are. You don’t need to proclaim expertise, because the depth of your knowledge and quality of advise speaks for you. You have shared the best of your knowledge with beginners and seasoned experimenters equally. And the fact that your advice was given straight, honestly and with no expectation of any financial reward gives me hope for a better world.

I would also like to thank members of EcoRenovator who have recognized and respect the fact that ‘The Manifesto’ is a Project Thread, and have agreed to refrain from turning it into JAOT (Just Another Opinion Thread).

A completely unexpected aspect of the ‘Manifesto’ and the many projects and the community that has formed, is that some enduring friendships have resulted from all this. Some in the cyber realm and others that are in the actual world. Icing on the amazing cake!

The ‘Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto’ stands alone on the Internet, and serves as a beacon to folks out in the vast reaches of the World Wide Web, who are searching for a way to actually make a Homemade Heat Pump. It sends it’s welcome to the rebels, pirates and hackers who are not content with the way things are, and want to do it better, cheaper, more efficiently, or any way they want.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. You are the champs!

Sincerely,

-AC_Hacker

Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 09-27-16 at 12:19 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
b420ady (12-08-16), creeky (12-15-16), Daox (09-26-16), Geo NR Gee (09-26-16), jeff5may (09-26-16), pinballlooking (12-09-16), randen (09-26-16), Roostre (02-04-18), tamkov (12-27-22), Zwerius (09-26-16)