View Single Post
Old 07-05-12, 06:09 AM   #3
Skywoolf
Lurking Renovator

The house building should be complete in a month but I still have to make all the kitchen cabinets and most of the furniture. I built a 20 feet square workshop first so I can work on stuff. I built an adjoining car port that doubles as an open workshop and a large wood shed where fresh cut timber is stacked and held straight while it dries.

A shade netted seed raising bed came next.

The land already has hundreds of mature durian, coconut, coffee, rambutan, santol, lanzones, chestnut, marang, camansi, jackfuit trees, etc. During the last six months I have planted hundreds of new fruit trees and planted lots of veggies.

I am currently making a partly submerged catchment tank 11 feet deep and 5 feet square that collects water from a spring. Over and on top of this I am making a 14 feet high steel tower with a 1,500 liter water tank on top. Water will be pumped from the catchment tank up to the top tank with an electric pump activated by float switches. Water from the top tank goes to a pressure tank and then to the kitchen and bathrooms. A hot water tank will be installed in the attic that has an electric heater and thermostat. If the boiler/stove idea works it will keep this hot water tank hot enough so the electric heater is hardly used. If we have no power. water will gravity feed from the top tank. If that runs out we can get low pressure water from the catchment tank or the incoming pipe from the spring.

I haven't started on the dirty kitchen yet. I am trying to educate myself about rocket stoves and get some suggestions from those with some experience before I start.

Last edited by Skywoolf; 07-05-12 at 06:57 AM..
Skywoolf is offline   Reply With Quote