View Single Post
Old 06-22-12, 05:02 AM   #9
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Stryder 3700 Wrote:The local markup on this stuff is insane.

Being a fellow Canadian I share your pain. After intensely working on becoming more efficient I had found the cost of items grossly inflated here in Canada by our local suppliers. Case in point: I was sourcing a fan driven kick space heater for a bedroom over the garage. Found a Beacon/Morse and started calling around. In the USA a Mich supplier offered the unit for $390.00. Here in Canada I was directed to not one but a tier of three wholesalers and distributers. The end result The same model # kick space heater $830.00 from a local suppier. REALLY GUYS !! I would suppose all the sales-people I spoke with needed their 30% mark-up.

Like Styder3700 I'm exploring the Solar PV and Ontario like some States is offering a spectacular incentives but the initial cost. WOW To see such a cost difference between US suppliers and Canadian suppliers and our dollar is about even. I get it, we need to support our economy to, but I get the feeling some are trying to fill their pockets on the first two sales.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote