View Single Post
Old 10-06-15, 08:46 PM   #17
oil pan 4
Land owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaroni View Post
Hi,
I'm not sure how this works, you're using the PV modules to do what? Also a 1k inverter at 120 volts will only put out a little over 8 amps at 220, only 4 amps. Did you say you want to run welders with this? It won't do it, perhaps I'm missing something?

Rob

ps:

A 40 AH battery really only has 20 AH's. You don't want to drive a battery to less than 50% charge because battery life is rated in charge cycles and the deeper you discharge the fewer cycles you have. Even 50% is less than I'd ever want to discharge even a good deep cycle battery like a Rolls or a Trojan.
All the battery, inverter and solar panel do is prevent running of the loud generator for small items. This generator will burn about a half gallon per hour at no load.
The solar, inverter and battery are only going to run small items such as battery chargers for tools, computer phone, run drills, saws all, portable band saw, lights (12v dc and high voltage AC). Or a larger item such as a refrigerator for several hours at a time, intermittently run my 1hp air compressor, electric pole saw or run my skill saw at reduced power using my varrac.
As far as battery discharge I have no reason to run it way down, its got multiple charging sources to replenish it.

The generator powers large items such as welders, plasma cutter, microwave, skill saw, electric chain saw, provides power at night, charges the battery and runs everything while the battery charger is charging.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 10-06-15 at 09:26 PM..
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote