View Single Post
Old 05-17-10, 07:53 AM   #152
Daox
Administrator

Mowed the grass this weekend. Boy was it thick. I could tell because my ammeter was reading higher than normal and my voltage was sagging lower than normal under load. Still, the mower did a great job going through it all, no problems at all.

After cutting I did take some time to go over the mower. I greased up the fittings and removed the drive belt. I'll be picking up another correctly sized one tonight so it doesn't slip anymore. I also figured out why I don't have any brakes and will get that fixed with a trip to the hardware store as well.

Now, I just need to borrow a tach from one of the EV group members so I can correctly size my next set of pulleys.

I'm also contemplating bumping my voltage up to 48V to reduce the amps the motor draws. I'm not sure how much smaller of a pulley I'll be able to go with, so that is the alternative. I don't want to keep running the motor at such high amp loads. Sooner or later the heat will kill it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote