View Single Post
Old 01-02-10, 06:54 PM   #230
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Heat Exchangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Great info as usual, I can find the NPT ones all day long, but the problem I'm having is finding one with sweat fittings. I didn't know if you had found a good supplier for them or not.
I think the supply of heat exchangers to the ebay folks is variable. There stuff pretty much all comes from China and is very good quality.

I don't know how carefully you searched...

Did you try searching the supplier's "store" in addition to the ebay posts?

Might help.

If you find a supplier or two or three that seems reasonable, you might even send them an email... never hurts.

They just might have exactly what you want, or it might be coming in soon, or maybe they could order it for you.

Long as you're at it, you might see if they can get a 5-plate exchanger, since the 10-plate was over-capacity. Could save you some money too.

As a final desperate measure, you might try to make your own heat exchanger, probably not brazed plate, that's pretty sophistocated.

But check this one out:

Soft copper tube inside soft copper tube, the picture tells the story... This style is called tube-in-tube.

It would be a real crap shoot knowing how much tube to use. You could always make one and just try it out. A lot of good stuff gets made that way. If it was me, I'd start with five feet of tube.

When I tried my first Brazed Plate lash-up, I had no idea if it would work or not, I just hacked it together and tried it out. Worked good. Then I studied up on capacities and all that and found out that I could hardly have been closer.

Best of luck!

Regards,

-AC_Hacker
Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 01-02-10 at 08:40 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote