View Single Post
Old 11-15-17, 07:29 AM   #5
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
You will love that SSD I have a couple of them and been running them for a while. They are fast and dependable.
Thanks. I'm already loving my 120 gig OCZ drive. It used to be pretty finicky, but updating the firmware solved that issue. Although, it did take quite a few updates from them to get it right. I am looking forward to going to a single larger drive again and having everything be on it and fast access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike
I would suggest going with AMD Ryzen. Reviews indicate that its efficiency is quite good. Keep the old GPU for now even if its efficiency is poor, so you can wait for a good deal to get a new one. Something like a 1050 or 950 should work well.
I was originally pretty psyched to go with the Ryzen. All of my previous builds have been AMD based and they've all been great computers. However, I was really bummed to find out that it didn't have integrated graphics. With efficiency in mind as a high priority of this build, I didn't want a dedicated graphics card as its just not necessary for how I'll be using the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking
Order it all on black Friday or cyber Monday
That is pretty much the plan. I ordered the motherboard last night. Its a low cost board at $60 normally, and they have a $10 mail in rebate right now. I'll keep it unless another good deal comes up. Until then, I'm hunting for other deals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote