Thread: nest camera
View Single Post
Old 02-01-19, 08:59 PM   #7
where2
DIY Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspot View Post
The microwave proximity sensor arrived. Works without issue (lower right in photo). One step closer...
Certainly, the photos from a 5MP Raspberry Pi camera aimed at a nest should be quite impressive!!

For those without such high skills in electronics and Linux, a Loosafe 1080P outdoor wifi camera (LS-C6) will probably exceed your expectations. I run mine with MicroSD cards for onboard storage which I can then download from my PC (on the same network). You can choose the frequency it snaps a still photo, and set recording hours for video. You can set them to push images to a FTP server, if you're computer savvy. I've chosen the ones with 8mm and 12mm lenses to limit my wide angle views, although I did purchase one with a zoom lens to allow me to choose which fixed focal length will work best in a particular install location. These cameras basically require 12V power, and wifi (or a wired ethernet connection). I use these cameras to snap the sunrise photos I miss taking every morning, because life doesn't always afford the chance to stop and watch the sunrise.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to where2 For This Useful Post:
sunspot (02-01-19)