Thread: Ben's Garage
View Single Post
Old 12-02-16, 09:21 PM   #48
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

The center column isn't really a matter of support for the beam. What it really does is break up the opening into two doors instead of one.

Having two doors greatly increases my flexibility. For example, I could glaze in one door and set it up like a greenhouse for the winter - letting the sunlight in, while still being able to open and close the door. At the same time, the OTHER door can open and close for pulling a car in and out.

I don't know what it is, but for whatever reason, I've gotten an awful lot of ODDLY NEGATIVE comments on Facebook, Youtube, etc, for having two garage doors instead of one. In my area, multi-car garages tend to have a mix of one large door or two smaller doors. Perhaps in some other areas, it's most common to have one large door? People tend to like and defend what they have and are used to.

I've always lived at places with twin garage doors and haven't seen an advantage to one large one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote