View Single Post
Old 01-25-16, 10:01 AM   #3
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

At the beginning of this winter, I saw these for $400 at my local Menards and thought, finally a cordless electric snowblower that isn't over a grand. The price tag wasn't enticing to me and my little 2-stroke still does the job, so I figured I'd probably revisit the idea in the future.

..and then I saw this video review that made it sound terrible.

I realize though, through my own use of single stage rubber flapper type snowblowers that there is a certain knack to using these that they are a serious pain to use until you figure them out, once you've got it, they work wonders. With your experience, it seems that this unit might be reasonable. I thought from the video above that maybe a 40v version might be a little weak and an 80v version might be more similar to the corded version I bought for $100 that I bought as a backup in case my gasser unit decided to die. The corded version has tons of power, so I figured the lithium ion version would have plenty too. ..apparently it does, maybe the guy in the video just likes jamming the snowblower into the snow too hard rather than learning to pace himself.

Thanks for the review. Great to hear good words on these.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote