View Single Post
Old 03-10-12, 07:29 PM   #4
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotet View Post
The goal of my project is to heat more efficiently the 150 liters of the water heater...
Too bad you don't have R22 units in your area. Have you looked in scrap metal yards? They usually get old units that can be made to work. Normally I would suggest to start small, and go with R290, and keep the cap tube that the unit came with for starters, when you replace your condenser with a water-to-gas HX. You will have challenges doing just that... then improve it with the addition of a TXV.

If you go with a R410a or R407C system and a TXV meant for R22, you can probably still get reasonable performance with R290, by adjusting the TXV for the proper flow.

I think it's great that nexsuperne is able to get his DHW & heating by putting the air conditioner condenser coil in a tank of water, but I think that a home built tube-in-tube or better, a properly sized brazed plate HX will yield better efficiency, which is what this is really all about.

But try to keep your initial unit as simple as possible, and improve from there... you have much to learn.

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 03-10-12 at 07:31 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote