View Single Post
Old 12-24-11, 11:48 AM   #1044
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Email From Randen...

I just got this email from Randen, who is vacationing with his family in the sunny south (Argentina)...
Quote:
Year to date numbers

Thought I would send a note. I'm currently on Christmas break with my wife's family in Buenos Aires. Before we had left I had paid all the bills and I keep a spread sheet on my electrical power. To-date the power consumption is more than 20% less. My tool shop and home share the same meter but still the savings are spectacular. The cost per Kwh is up but my usage is down by allot. The savings equate to about $1200.00 I can say that the solar hot-water heating has the greatest effect. For the months April to Sept. only needed about three days of electrical input for hot water the balance solar. And the solar when avaliable for the hydronic floor is impressive. Its all automatic and I can only hear the little tick when the circ pump starts. Now the shop with the new heat pump and we will improve it drastically over the next few months . The days of the oil delivery truck backing up and leaving me with a bill that I could barely survive. ($8000.00 +) for the year home and shop. You efforts here in the eco renovator site are greatly appreciated. The heat-pump for the shop I would have never attempted. I didn't know it could be that simple. More people should know about all these things why pay for heat when its over your head and under your feet you have only to collect it and use is wisely. I think it should be in the building code. You have a property (house) with a roof with solar access. You have to have a solar collector. Never mind the granite counter-tops and media rooms.

Anyway I'm ranting The best of the season.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Randy
-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 12-24-11 at 02:09 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote