View Single Post
Old 12-23-11, 03:03 PM   #1043
Ko_deZ
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
-Ko_deZ-,

So how is your heat pump project coming?

I'm sure you are in full winter mode there where you are...

Did you ever get you heat pump built and tested?
Got the last pieces I need today, so not yet. Currently running with a hot water heater. It is cold, but just around freezing, not like last year, when we had 20C below (40F?) for a month already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_hacker View Post
I have been trying to buy one of those Fine Wire HX units. There was a guy named Viking House who posted on here, offering to sell a unit at his cost. I found out what postage would be, and the unit cost and all, but I haven't heard back from him in a couple of weeks.
I had some questions as well, but he seems to have vanished. I am not sure that he was completely honest with us. His claims where illogical imo.
Quote:
Could you tell me a bit more about the HRV you are using? You reported very good efficiency. I'm now in the process of finishing the insulation and sealing off my kitchen, so heat recovery ventilation is definitely on the agenda for me.
Not much to add that I have not already mentioned. I have a HRV that has two 1 meter long 20 by 20 cm tubes full of long wavy aluminium fins going the full length. The airflow alternates back and forth between them. On my pad thingy, so hard to both type and make drawings.
Quote:
All the sealing I have been doing over the years is starting to pay off. This is actually the first house I have had that was tight enough to actually be uncomfortable. As ironic as it sounds, I think it's an accomplishment.

Energy costs are still too cheap in the USA for anyone except idiots such as myself and others on this eco-blog, to take energy efficiency very seriously.

Thanks for any information you might pass my way.
Try to use Google translate on ener.no for now. After the holidays I get access to a keyboard and mouse again.
Quote:
By the way, I'm still looking into CO2 sensors and the idea of demand control ventilation. I haven't forgotten.

-AC_Hacker
Ko_deZ is offline   Reply With Quote