View Single Post
Old 02-27-09, 04:09 PM   #8
groar
X-Frenchy: very

After several other readings, I found a small paragraph stating that the energy classification is based upon the primary energy and not upon the consumed energy. The last classification takes into account the locally produced electricity, ie my PV panels. I updated the first post to correct all the calculations and finally the energy classification isn't A but B, which is far better than French average which is D

To achieve the A label for energy classification and so the Kyoto objectives, we have to save 1 MWh/year (consumed) on heating, water heating and cooling, ie the solar water heater would be sufficient (if I didn't made any mistake ).

We have a few todo about the entry doors isolation. The current doors are very thin. We are thinking about changing them by thick wood and changing the isolation joints. We are also going to change the heating programmer to have a digital 7 days one (with temporary exception) and not a mechanical 24 hours one. With these few points we'll not save a lot each year, but they will be a first step

(Edit) also updated my Kyoto protocol ratio http://ecorenovator.org/forum/billia....html#post2002

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...

Last edited by groar; 02-27-09 at 04:47 PM..
groar is offline   Reply With Quote