View Single Post
Old 02-26-22, 11:47 AM   #1
EyesWideShut
Lurking Renovator

Lightbulb setting a ducted air cooling/heating system.

I have a mushroom farm and for growing mushrooms you must change the air in the grow room every 5-6 minutes so there will be almost constant air flow.

this means i must heat/cool the air as it comes in before i humidify it to 90% humidity.

i have purchased a couple finned radiator panels to build my own ducted heating cooling system.

now i believe heating will be fairly straight forwards as ill have a reservoir of water that will be pumped through the radiators to warm the air, the reservoir will act as a sort of battery and ill have a heating element hooked up to a pid controller with a thermometer in the duct which will heat the water as needed to keep the air coming into the grow room at the required temperature.

however cooling im having a bit more trouble trying to think up a system, i had thought about just running cool tap water through it but that would be incredibly wasteful and hard to control the temperature.

i did see a machine on aliexpress that they call a water cooler which seems like it might work nicely. but im not sure it will have the cooling capacity i need

i cant post links but its called a 'WH19DC PURSWAVE Mini water chiller'

any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

EyesWideShut is offline   Reply With Quote