View Single Post
Old 03-05-15, 12:33 PM   #14
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldwizard1 View Post
If I ever had a GSHP system installed, there would be a "performance" clause in the contract. If my inlet water temp EVER fell below 40F, the installer would have to repair/replace/agument the ground loop. I would try to hold 50% of his installation fee in escrow for at least 1 year.
I'm pretty sure that you are kidding here... but if you found someone that would agree to that, you would know that you had a fool for a contractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldwizard1 View Post
If you are going to pay the premium of having a GSHP, you want one that is designed and installed for optimal performance !
"Optimal" by what measure? Yes, it is possible to build a loop field that will do what you are asking for, but it will be expensive... maybe more expensive than you are willing to pay.

Rather than wearing out your keyboard by asking these serious questions of people who have never actually designed a loop field (but are wearing out their keyboards answering you), why don't you read the design and installation manuals that are written by people who actually do design and install loop fields. These manuals are a compilation of theoretical and practical knowledge gathered over half a century, from thousands of jobs, from all over the world, for all manner of applications. This information has been distilled, so as to be organized and accessible to someone like you who wants a working system.

The information is all there for you to design and build a loopfield that will function correctly at the lowest price point, if that is what you want, or you can design and install a loop field that will meet a criteria such as you have set... or anyplace in between.

If you bought every book they have, it would cost you $692, if you joined IGSHPA, it would be cheaper. Then you would have at your disposal more knowledge than anyone you could ever hire.

Why waste your time with fantasies of escrow, when you can take full responsibility, and become the very best designer?

Best,

-AC