Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Old 08-04-11, 11:16 AM   #19
S-F
You Ain't Me

Uhhh. Just trying to finish up the drywall. I'm not too good at that. I can do it and I can make it look good but I'm pretty slow. I've got it all hung and am in the mud/tape phase. Then I have to fasten the sub floor to the slab. I took a leap and did something I've never done before. I just laid the sub floor down on the foam boards. Usually I'd put sleepers down before the sub floor. I was hoping since I used really heavy duty subfloor (3/4' Advantech) that all would be well. I thought it would just kind of float. Well some of it has bowed and the Tapcon screws I was using can't pull the bowed boards down. So I have to drill huge holed through those sheets into the slab, epoxy lengths of threaded rod in and then bolt the boards down. That will happen as soon as I'm done with the walls. I've enlisted the help of a friend who;s a lot better with drywall so I hope to be done with that by the beginning of next week. So the basement still isn't done which means my entire family is 1/2 moved in to this house which is driving me bananas. Just last night I finally got my projector mounted. In my old living room I just kept it on a shelf. My new living room is too long so the picture was way too big for my screen. I had to run a cable through walls and to the attic and I had to put an outlet on the ceiling to accommodate a ceiling mounted projector. Took me hours but now it's all done. I watched a movie the other night for the first time in a month and a half.
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote