View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 07:16 AM   #29
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

They sprayed it Thursday afternoon, but getting pictures was out of the question at that time. The fog of foam hadn't settled down for several hours. I did go back and take a few pictures this weekend. They did a pretty thorough job, covering almost everything that looked like wood. {They even foamed around a few block penetrations where pipes came through.} There are a few spots that do not look to have been sprayed 2" thick under the floor and many that look more than 2". I also noted that since this foam came out ~ white, the light travels better under there. Of course, any wiring tacked to the floor joists got foamed as did a good deal of cpvc piping.

We also have two junction boxes with duplex receptacles and another with a light switch. They foamed all that. They did clean off the light switch when they were done, and since there were extension cords plugged into both sides of one duplex receptacle, it survived intact. The other one......, well that's picture three after I scraped some of the foam off the lower part of the receptacle. I decided it wasn't worth the effort since the foam went down into the openings, so I scraped off the foam enough to replace the receptacle. This time I put a cover on it. I hadn't bothered with a cover the first time. The light switch and other receptacle box had covers on them all along.

All in all, we are pleased. The floor joists were clean and looked new from being wiped down with peroxide before they sprayed and this foam job should provide many years of protection against moisture. I still need to finish doing the vapor barrier. Not what I'd call a fun task, but at least I have most of the material to do the job and while I'm doing that I'll start saving money for the next project.
Attached Images

gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote