View Single Post
Old 10-14-08, 08:51 AM   #6
Daox
Administrator

Well, still working on sealing things up this weekend. My cousin's father in law came over with his hammer drill and hung the plate for me. Looks a lot better than my melted foam.

The next thing on the list was my horrible outside access basement door. You can see from the picture that a little air was getting through it. It also likes to leak water in when it rains.

So, I had the recommendation to get a metal door replacement. I got a tip that you can get damaged doors from the home improvement stores super cheap. So, I went and checked it out. I ended up finding a nice grey door with two holes in it (lock and handle). There was a little damage on the top where the metal didn't fold over just right, but nothing that prevented normal operation. So, I picked it up for $3. The block off for the door cost more than the door itself at $5! So, along with those two things and weather stripping, this is my $20 fix.

I do still need a good way of sealing the bottom edge though. The door butts up against the side of the lowest step. Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote