View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 04:08 PM   #147
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Some items have been stroked off the list. The inverter is now also a charge controller so the high voltage Chinese control is available for sale. I purchased another small coolant pump, very quiet. I can hear our cat purr over the sound of the inverter. Yet is to incorporate the speed control for the pump. The fan cooled radiator for the heatsink is on its own snap switch as the heat may increase in relation to load the fan turns on. As it is cooler in the garage most of the cooling is accomplished by convection through the radiator and as a result the fan seldom operates. This delightful radiator's fan is a two speed tangental fan that is mostly silent.

Best news. We have another Chevy Volt pack. This should make us near autonomous

The Mrs put the system through it’s paces cooking on the stove top and a roast in the oven while washing clothes with the geo- thermal heat pump running and AND the car charging albeit at a reduced rate. But there it is uncompromised!!!

Now this occurred before the 2nd pack and we ran out a 7:00 pm

My calculations leaves me to the fact a 3rd may be necessary. The inverter has the brawn to supply all the loads. The mission is to collect enough solar energy through the day, store it and power our lifestyle through the evening till the next morning to repeat.

Sadly, I tried to make a deal on a Tesla pack but price wise their still up there with starman

On another front Mikesolar has a few more solar panels for me. We’re going to increase the PV to 14.5 kws as we still have room available on the roof

We are nearly there!!! Off grid. But we will keep the grid connect for the rare day we may need some backup

Randen

Last edited by randen; 02-17-19 at 09:09 AM..
randen is offline   Reply With Quote