View Single Post
Old 08-01-19, 12:56 PM   #4
Daox
Administrator

After a bit more looking, I am thinking more about using the CN3722 chip. It can handle a max of 5A charge current vs the LT3562's 2a. I was hoping to use a 20w panel, and this gets me close. However, I have never heard of the manufacturer Consonance. This makes me question that 5A rating. Another thing is that the controller doesn't start charging until the panel voltage gets to the set MPPT voltage. It seems to me that his would leave some power on the table, especially in my case where my battery voltage is going to be so much lower than my panel voltage.

The only other alternative is the BQ24650 which seems more complicated and all the boards are more expensive because they have more external components.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote