View Single Post
Old 08-08-14, 04:47 PM   #9
jeff88
Lots of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
What about stapling the chicken wire to the underside of your wooden frame (the whole bottom)?
I was planning on stapling it to the floor frame, but I don't know how to hold the bottom down, because it will just rest on the concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterpower View Post
What about a "belt" of rocks to hold down the wire mesh? Maybe some potted plants?

Why did you use pressure treated for the floor when you built it so far above a hard surface? and why did you use so many cross braces? I would think the floor surface will lock the joists together enough.

One more thing. Most people put the floor surface down before the walls. It makes it a little easier, especially if it's out of square. Like you, I also put the floor of my new shed between the wall for easier replacement later.
I like that idea! I will have to look into something heavy like rocks. I don't think plants will work, because it won't have anywhere to go.

The reason why I have the shed raised is because the concrete is specifically slanted to allow water drainage. Their is a drain behind me in the pics of the shed. I didn't want to disturb or 'dam' the drainage system. Because of the water drainage, I didn't want to take any chances for a few extra dollars (if that). I made the floor 12" on center for the extra strength. I plan to have some pretty heavy things in here and since it is a 'free floating' frame, I wanted to make sure it will be strong. I had extra pieces, so I added the cross braces for strength in the middle, again because it is free floating.

I figured it would be easier to put the plywood in after. I didn't think about the squareness issue, hopefully I don't have an issue. It will definitely be easier to replace if I need to down the road.

As a side note, I am building the shed to be able to take it down relatively easily if/when I ever move. So the roof will be one piece (maybe 2), each wall is a piece and the floor is one piece. So 5 major parts and some auxillary items and I can have it taken down with a few screws and a couple pairs of hands.

Thanks for the tips guys!
jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote