View Single Post
Old 07-25-14, 02:57 AM   #2
jeff88
Lots of questions

I was going to enlist the help of my gf for certain parts (like raising the built wall), but a few days ago she told me she wants to help build it. So a little help from the better half and away we go!

Started on the floor frame yesterday. Showed my gf how to screw it all together. Asked her if she wanted to cut down the pieces, but she declined. After a few cuts, she decided she wanted to give it a try. A quick lesson and poof!, she was doing everything!

Half way through!

Almost finished! Just need to add the small vertical pieces like the ones in the first row.

Next step is to get the vertical pieces in and put the frame on a bunch of these:

The plan is to put one on each corner and half way between each corner on each side. I will also put some in the middle to support the joists. I'm thinking every other or every third joist will get a concrete block so the middle will be well supported.

After I set it up on the blocks, I am going to staple in some chicken wire or something similar on top of the frame and then wrap it around the side and set the blocks on top of it to keep all of the critters out.
jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote