View Single Post
Old 10-30-12, 04:47 PM   #101
S-F
You Ain't Me

Close. You take the top corner of the insulation web and staple it to the top corner of your wall (SECURELY). Then you stretch it to the other top corner and securely staple it. Stretch to the bottom of one side and repeat on the other bottom corner. So you have a flat and tight sheet attached at four corners. Then you staple each bay. You staple to the sides of the studs. The reason you do this is to stretch the netting tight over each bay so so the cell doesn't make it bulge out so much you can't rock it. You "side staple" the sides, top and bottom. You push the stapler in against the netting as far as a reasonable amount of pressure allows and then staple to the side of the stud. The important part really is the hanging. Hang it tight and flat. If there is a loose fold somewhere, take it down and start over. Hanging the quicker part but the part that takes more attention to detail. Once it's up, staple the s*&t out of it. Just not so many that it tears the netting. You'll figure that part out in about one minute. And it probably wouldn't be an issue at all any way if you aren't using an air stapler that can shoot 7 - 10 staples in the same place if you don't keep it moving. You want the netting to be trampoline like. Nothing loose at all. not even remotely. Otherwise you'll be in hell when you try to put up sheetrock. I actually once had some rockers cut my netting and claw cell out because they didn't know what they were doing. Not only did I not use them again, I made the kind gesture of showing them how to roll cellulose. They took close to a bag out of a small addition I was working on. It took me all day to blow that!

Hang it tight. Start to side staple at one side and work over. As you side staple each side of the bay you will see it getting tighter. Keep it tight. Think drum head.

I wish I had known this would come up a week ago. On Friday one of the other crew leaders at my company did a net and blow job about a mile from my house and I could have snuck away from my job to make a video of this. When are you planning on doing this? If I can I'll make a priority of taking a net and blow video.

I hate writing. Can I record myself talking with all of my input and attach the audio file? I find myself withholding details because I don't' want to write.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."

Last edited by S-F; 10-30-12 at 05:01 PM..
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S-F For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-30-12)