View Single Post
Old 12-04-13, 10:08 PM   #115
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Gree 9,000 BTU 27 SEER Terra Ductless Heat Pump Air Conditioner System
LG 21,000 BTU 21 SEER Ductless Dual Zone Heat Pump System 9,000+12,000

Looks inside unit
This would go to the LG unit it just has so more style. And when it is in standby the louver covers the internals.
The Gree does not look bad but LG wins this one.

Outside unit
The Gree make less noise but it is 9,000 BTU LG is 18,000 BTU.
The LG has some protection for the coils facing the house.
No winner here.

Remote
The LG remote is a very nice size.
The LG does not have an auto fan this is our biggest issue with the LG.
It has a natural wind feature but I really do not like it. The temp goes up 2 deg at a time I don’t like this either.

The Gree remote is huge. It has a auto fan feature it will raise and lower the fan as needed. I really like this feature. You can adjust the temp one deg at a time I also like this one.
Clear winner is the Gree unit.

Heating
They both do really well at heating the lowest temps we have had is in the
20’s both were still putting out 120-125 heat very impressive. I can’t wait to try out the AC.

My wife and I both like the Gree MS better than the LG.
I was not going to buy a Gree but a local installer said he had been installing them for a while and he has good luck with them. I sure could not beat the deal I got on this one.

I was pretty sold on Fujitsu AOU12RLS2 12,000 BTU 25 SEER but when we decided to go with a duel head unit LG had the best 21 SEER and 9.20 HSPF COP 3.9 it was on sale on top of all that.

The comfort level is much better with the MS. With the inverter they run all the time and just adjust the compressor for more or less heat. Since it is always blowing warn air it just feels warmer.
Our natural gas heat is very warm but it heats up then cools off.

I am glad I decided to do my own install. I got quoted $3,000 to install them. That is very close to the price I paid for both units. I am very sure I took enough time to make the install look the way I wanted it to look and I am happy with it so is my wife. If I hired it out I am not as sure it would have turned out the same way.

If I was in a colder climate I would have going with the Fujitsu as it does better at lower temps.

I was trying to keep the cost down so I could get a payback but as we all know only time will tell if that will work out.

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-04-13 at 10:58 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote