View Single Post
Old 08-07-18, 03:38 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Central air vs other

I recently went to the Wisconsin State Fair. I was browsing the random seller's booths and happened upon a HVAC booth. He was showing off a mini split unit as well as others. I asked him how the mini splits were selling, and he said decent. I told him I had considered putting two in my own home, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. He commented that it would be cheaper to install central air. His price would start at a mere $2600 which I thought was incredibly inexpensive. He said this is because I already have forced air, so its simply installing the outdoor unit, and the coil in the duct work. Granted, its probably not the most efficient outdoor unit. But, I was expecting more like $5k installed.

I'm not looking to install central air right now, but the price shocked me and I can definitely see doing it in the future. Right now, we have no air conditioning. If it gets really hot, I throw a window a/c unit in my bedroom window for a few weeks during summer. However, the thought of having the air dehumidified is very appealing. This summer has been really muggy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote