View Single Post
Old 11-17-17, 07:30 AM   #4
natethebrown
Apprentice EcoRenovator

From the little bit of research, it looks like you could eventually have issues with phosphorus build up from the detergents. If I were in your shoes, this is what I would do:
Note: I would not dump anywhere near a stream, creek, or heavy drainage location that would allow the slop to flow into bigger streams. If the slop will be able to sit and fallow without any chance of flowing into a stream or creek, go for it.
1) I would first get my soil professionally tested by a lab to get a baseline.
2) Get a weekly load for an entire month and dump in roughly the same area on the land.
3) Wait for at least two months for the slop to decompose. Get the soil professionally tested again.
4) If the soil results came back reasonable, I would proceed and imaginary divide my land into at least 4 paddocks. I would dump in the same paddock for an entire month, than move to a new paddock (basically like moving livestock) to dump in. That would give the first paddock ~3 months to return back to normal.
5) I would do this for about a year, than get the soil tested again. If the numbers are still ok, proceed again.

Really, it is all about monitoring the actual environmental impact of what you are doing. If things go out of wack, slow down and let the soil normalize.
natethebrown is offline   Reply With Quote