View Single Post
Old 02-01-14, 08:44 AM   #187
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
Raising the base charge concerns me greatly. This last time the our electric went up a certain percent but the base rate went up a much higher percent. Since I am getting closer to netzero the base rate going up would really mess that up.
Wow indeed those are impressive figures!

Guys this is exactly what I'm talking about - Corporate control -. We buy our food, our water, our electricity and our fuel from a very small group of individuals. When that happens you are at their mercy. Sure PV is a threat, they want to find a way to diminish that threat as much as possible. If they control the electricity then they can raise prices to whatever they want.
What do you think fracking is all about? It's about another industry that wants to develop a dependency. They come in low, get people hooked and then they are at the liberty to dictate what they want. And this money is going to the hands of a very few people. It spirals up, the more money they make the more lobby control they have. The API (American Petroleum Institute) spend millions in propaganda and lobbies to maintain their hold. Electric cars are their nightmare!

The Walmart family alone has the equivalent wealth of the lower 40% of the US population. That equates to tremendous control of the masses. what do you think the monopoly laws, that are now pretty much ineffective were about? Stopping this very kind of activity.

What these controlling corporations are afraid of is individual power autonomy, each home creating its own energy, and that is coming. When we can make as much power as we are that autonomy is not far away.

With Rooftop Solar on Rise, U.S. Utilities Are Striking Back by Marc Gunther: Yale Environment 360

Rob

Last edited by Robaroni; 02-01-14 at 08:50 AM..
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote