View Single Post
Old 08-24-16, 09:16 AM   #1
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default The EV explosion

Have you guys noticed what's going on in EV's? The Tesla Model 3 already has over 375k $1k deposits and the Bolt with over 200 miles per charge is due out in October with VW saying it is going to go EV's big time after their inspection fiasco.

Should be interesting and of course the Koch brothers are funding "Fueling US Forward" and crying about EV incentives while the Petroleum Institute lobbies Washington for fossil fuel incentives.
The good thing is that the giants are fighting it out. Tesla, Chevy and EV's around the world with the technology will win in the end and the fossil fuel industry will continue to lose ground especially now that Climate Change is getting to the point that it no longer can be ignored.

Personally I'm waiting for the Bolt. I test drove a Prius just to get an idea of different cars but feel that Toyota has fallen behind. The Prius Prime 2017 runs about $32k and goes 22 miles on electric. The 2017 Volt, which I'm going to test drive this month, looks like a much better deal. The Bolt is on schedule for October and I can't wait.

Rob

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote