View Single Post
Old 05-07-17, 10:52 PM   #517
csz
Lurking Renovator

Default Please share the design of this new "homemade countercurrent 600mm heat exchanger"

Hello, this is my first time writing on this forum. I just spent all this night reading this tread from begining, and seeing how much work you all have put into it.

I want to build a HRV core for 1200m3/h ventilation system, from aluminium sheets 0.3 mm thick.

I saw that mainly coroplast (Is coroplast = celular polycarbonate panel ?) was used in similar proiects, but in my opinion there are too many layers between the two air streams that need to change heat)

You can see attached my initial design option, but with that I still felt that there is too much material between the two air streams.
There should be one thin wall.

I want to build some kind of a roller setup that can make the "bumps" in the sheets, to act like spacers and turbulence generators.
The flow will be 180 degree counterflow.

I mostly know how to build it, I know how I can seal up the edges, my main problem is I don't know how to size it for 1200 m3/h, to have max. possible efficiency, and lowest possible pressure drop.

My current thought is to size it for maintaining the fi315 inlet/outlet pipe's interior cross section area, thru the core, but don't know how long should be the section, where the two streams will flow in paralel(oposit directions).

This is why I want to ask Kostas to share the design (and size) of this new "homemade countercurrent 600mm heat exchanger" that he mentioned in th below quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas View Post
Btw guys, here's a sneak peak of the 2.0 diy hrv unit I'm currently working on.
Featuring two centrifugal EC brushless fans, 650m3/h each, post heating radiator, homemade countercurrent 600mm heat exchanger, freecooling bypass damper and fresh air exclusion damper, all of them driven by 5V step motors. And of course the arduino Mega.
Stay tuned!
I welcome every opinion on this matter.
Attached Images

csz is offline   Reply With Quote